Ecobank Fintech is challenging Africa’s new generation of entrepreneurs to find lasting solutions to the continent’s most pressing banking issues. Submit entries in one or more of our key areas of interest for your Chance to win up to $500,000 funding.
Fintech is the future of banking; that is why we are opening our doors and vast market infrastructure to support Africa’s brightest innovators. – Ade Ayeyemi, Ecobank Group CEO
Twenty finalists of the Fintech Challenge will be invited to an award ceremony and an innovation fair at the global headquarters of Ecobank in Lomé, Togo. The top three start- ups at the fair will win cash prizes worth US$10,000, US$7,000, and US$5,000 respectively. The finalists will also be conferred Ecobank Innovation Fellows and will qualify to explore a once-in-a-lifetime partnership opportunity with Ecobank Group that include:
- Attract funding up to $500K for your Fintech solution
- Go multi-national and partner with Ecobank to launch the products in Ecobank’s 33 markets across Africa.
- Be a Service Partner and access Africa’s biggest banking ecosystem
- Maximise your reach and give your start-up full Pan-African visibility.
- Showcase your idea at Ecobank’s Innovation Fair.
Key Areas of Interest
Interested developers and innovators are encouraged to submit applications addressing one or more of the following challenges.
- Predictive analysis using big data
- Agency banking
- Secured client authentication
- Apps to work without internet connectivity
- KYC technology
- Customer analytics
- Credit scoring
- Micro Loan System
- User experience optimising solutions using machine learning and AI
- Blockchain technology/solutions within Banking
Ecobank Fintech Challenge was designed in partnership with the advisory firm Konfidants and supported by several partners across Africa and the world.
Applications for the competition will close on 14 April 2017.
Eligibility & Participation
The Challenge is open to both teams and individuals. Teams can submit solutions for more than one challenge but are limited to only one entry per challenge. However, remember that Ecobank will only cover the travel and accommodation costs for up to two participants from each team if you are among the top 20 innovators.
More about Ecobank Fintech competition
More information on the Ecobank Fintech competition, benefits and how to apply can be found on the competition’s website at http://ecobankfintech.com/.